Womenspace refers survivors of intimate partner violence to both Survivors Justice Center and Victim Services for assistance with restraining orders and general legal help. For example, Victim Services can assist survivors with contested restraining order hearings when there is a current criminal case. Womenspace Advocates support our program participants who are involved in the legal process. We provide advocacy and support for survivors referred through our collaboration with local service providers including Lane County Parole and Probation and Kids’ FIRST*.
- Survivors Justice Center, located at Lane County Legal Aid and Crisis & Support Center, 376 E. 11th Avenue, Eugene
- Attorneys specializing in intimate partner violence
- Womenspace bilingual legal advocates (English/Spanish)
- Interpretation into other languages available
- Help with restraining orders
- Assistance with immigration issues
- Access to Sexual Assault Support Services (SASS) Advocates
- University of Oregon Law School students assist the attorneys
- Victim Services, Lane County District Attorney, 125 E. 8th Avenue, Rm. 400, Eugene, OR 97401
* Kid’s FIRST (Forensic Intervention Response and Support Team) is an adjunct to the District Attorney’s office that lessens trauma for child survivors in the judicial process.